14 extremely serious problems every brit is dealing with this summer
It comes around once a year but we are always caught unawares. By the overwhelming amounts of vitamin D, by the unnatural lack of umbrellas within reach, by the sheer number of unashamedly topless men. And here are just some of the many British problems we face...
1. when wimbledon begins and you suddenly take part in all sorts of unwelcome activities
2. when you attempt to enjoy a picnic when really you'd quite like a chair and to be in the shade
Spending half an hour trying to choose a sandwich based on someone's personality because they said "oh just get me anything"— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 17 June 2017
3. when this in no way has british sex appeal, the entirety of which has been given to bond
Trying to have a serious conversation while eating an ice lolly— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 18 June 2017
4. perhaps this means we could just cook it in the oven and eat it near the window instead?
Arriving at the supermarket to find there's just one pack of oddly flavoured sausages, no buns and a single ripped bag of ice— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 18 June 2017
5. when this is the only british thing that is easily spread
For once the butter is not only spreadable but also pourable— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 19 June 2017
6. when sleeping in the shower is the closest british people will get to sex in the shower
Giving serious thought to sleeping in the shower— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 19 June 2017
7. the dreaded 'z', almost as awful as the dreaded sun
8. when the plague strikes britain again
9. A PINT IS SO CHEAP HERESJ OH MyFB GODNNESS
The least successful holiday plan of all time:— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 8 July 2017
"Let's just take it easy on the first night"
10. it stopped being a novelty when i burnt one side of my arm when riding a bus
Feeling that the novelty of being too warm has really worn off now— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 6 July 2017
11. tearing up just thinking of that john lewis ad
Only 175 days until Christmas...— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 3 July 2017
12. when it's as muggy as mike from love island
13. some brits don't sweat they simply grow red like the shade of their one burnt arm
Activities currently making Brits drown in sweat:— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 21 June 2017
-Bending down a bit
-Saying "oh god"
14. you are braver than me for leaving the house, i'm staying put 'til November
Spending the majority of any festival walking around saying "I'll be okay in a minute"— VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) 24 June 2017
Srsly though, stay indoors for your own safety and only come out if there is 🍺 involved.
Feature Image: Tiger Aspect Productions