18 things we are all going to miss from this year's Great British Bake Off
This week it's a different kind of Brexit (though just as sh*t). Bake Off is officially exiting the BBC. The new series of The Great British Bake Off starts on Tuesday August 29th at 8pm on Channel 4. That's right, there are only a few days left until the brand new start of the most heart-warming, lovely and extremely intense show in the world. And there are a few things we're going to have to get used to going without...
1. Mel - every single time she said the word moist
“OK bakers, string up the bunting. This bun ting is over.”
2. Sue - whose facial expressions were consistently sublime
“I always serve gin and tonic with just a little bit of regret.”
3. both of them making this happen
4. and “We're not going with the dough”
5. The pure genius of Andrew
6. And Val on a mug
Beats Muggy Mike any day.
7. The great and glorious Mary Berry
8. And the Mary *wink*
9. waiting with bated breath for each time mary says this...
10. and mary telling you the fried egg you made in the microwave had 'flavour'
11. The pure dedication of the BBC audience
12. Their unrivalled optimism
13. The way their cakes for Extra Slice are literally all of our lives
14. And their extremely dignified reaction to rumours of change
15. Sandy falling apart being all of us falling apart
16. But Bake Off always putting us back together
17. and making us all feel good enough
18. And, lastly, Paul Hollywood
Because, to us, he is now but a soggy bottom of a Rum Baba.
We hope that has given you the closure you needed in anticipation of the new series. Let us go into it with open hearts and open minds and very, very open mouths. Love you really Paul, we'd get a Hollywood for you anyday 🎂🍰🍪🍩🍮🥖🥐🍞🥞
Feature Image: The Great British Bake Off/BBC